Skip to main content.

Back to Web Site

Independence, MN
The city with a rural atmosphere


The City of Independence is the Local Government Unit (LGU) responsible for administering the rules and regulations related to water management. If you are planning a grading or excavation project within the City, contact City Hall before you begin your work. A permit may be required.

Your project may also require a permit from the Minnehaha Creek Watershed District.  Please check out the MCWD permitting page to find out!

Wetland and Grading Permit

Wetland Permit Application Procedure

Grading and Wetland Permits

For more information on applying for a grading or wetland permit, contact City Hall, 763-479-0527.

City of Independence, MN